Modern technology has brought us many useful things, one of which is solar systems. These devices facilitate the conversion of the sun’s energy into electrical energy. The solar panels collect rays from the sun and then convert them into energy. Now, as they are placed on rooftops, the panels get dirty because of birds, rains, dust, and debris.
The Residential Solar Systems Brisbane has a photovoltaic (PV) system that can only produce great energy when it has unobstructed access to the sun’s rays. So, when the panel gets dirty, it hinders the system’s process of electricity generation, thereby restricting the power supply to your home.
Thus, we will talk about a few of the reasons for which residential solar systems need to be often cleaned.
Why is Timely Cleaning of Solar Panels Required?
Cleaning the panels much often is compulsory, as even the inconsequential residue layer can decline the production capability of the panels. If your solar panel has bigger and dense spots with added obstructions like a shadow, certainly, the power generation will be below normal.
Also, a loaf of dust can affect the performance of the solar panels or photovoltaic modules. In recent tests conducted by an organization, it was found that on not cleaning the panels regularly, the amount of efficiency decreased by 5%. And some other tests concluded that keeping the panels clean increases their efficiency by 3.5%.
So, just like the stagnation of dust or its accumulation over the car’s windscreen makes it impossible to see through, things also become adequately relevant with solar panels. This is why good Residential Solar System Brisbane companies offer clean-up and checking of the panels every six months. They do this to prevent the build-up of residues over the panels.
It is indeed necessary to clean the panels. Cleaning panels will keep them in great working condition for many years. Moreover, suitably scrubbing them increases the performance of the panels. This means the panels will last for more than 20 to 25 years. Thus, thorough cleaning of the solar cells will safeguard the life of panels.
Apart from cleaning, checking the solar panels discretely also helps in identifying whether the panel has developed any cracks or not. Cracks usually occur due to falling objects, be it from trees, storms, or birds.
Precautions to take while cleaning the solar panels on your own:
Now, if you’re planning to clean the panels on yourself, then you need to follow certain precautions. Let’s see what they are.
- It is mandatory to check the directions of the solar panel’s manufacturer before cleaning it. If there are no instructions provided by the manufacturer to you during purchase, then you have to contact a particular manufacturer and enquire about the dos and don’t for the cleaning. If they answer with no special instructions, then you can proceed with cleaning. And if it seems too hard, then it is better to hire an expert for the work.
- If you want to clean on your own, then this advice must be of high importance to you. You must clean your panels early in the morning or late in the night because, in other times, panels are warm enough to touch. You can also make use of a garden hose to spray water on the panels.
- You can fill up a bucket of warm and soapy water to clean the surface of the solar panels. Make sure to clean the surface of the panel first with a soft cloth or sponge and later rinse it with the hose.
- It is undoubtedly evident from the last point that the cleaning process for the solar panel is easy, but things become complicated when the panels are placed too high in slanted rooftops. You should be extremely cautious while climbing, or you can take the help of extension rods. If all of these aren’t your piece of cake, then it is better to hire a professional.
- Another thing that you can consider is to particularly install a CCTV camera pointed towards the panels so that you can keep track of everything remotely and schedule a clean-up for that.
Thus, if you desire to keep your Residential Solar Power Systems Brisbane work proficiently, and make it generate ample amount of energy equally from each panel, then properly maintain and clean it. You can also seek the help of Sunpro Solar for cleaning your solar panels, which are done by highly specialized professionals. They will provide top-notch service at a low cost.
So, what’s stopping you? Contact Sunpro Solar now to get a high class of solar system cleaning services.